Subscribe to my newsletter!

Friday, October 10, 2014

I Am Subject: Women Awakening

Well, I'm finally starting to make headway on some of the work that piled up while I was out of town all those weeks. Aside from the dozens of travel posts I have yet to write, the stacks of mail I have yet to open, and oh, yeah, that whole dual book launch thing that's happening just four weeks from today, I'm not in bad shape. (Excuse me for a moment while I cry. There, there. There, there. Much better.)

Among the major events in a writer's life that I unfortunately neglected was this one: I am thrilled to announce the publication of author Diane DeBella's anthology I Am Subject Stories: Women Awakening, which features my essay On Writing My Memoir. For those of you who missed it, you can read my piece here, or better yet, click the image below to be taken to the Amazon page and click "Look Inside!" Right after the introduction you'll find my essay - in fact, it's the only one that shows up in the preview! How cool is that? I guess there's something to be said for being first after all.



Needless to say, I'm truly honored to be a part of the #iamsubject project (http://www.iamsubject.com/ - "Keeping girls and women subject of their own lives") and I'd like to offer my apologies to Diane DeBella and the other authors involved for my tardiness in promoting the anthology's publication. I'm sure they'll forgive me once they see what I have planned in compensation. Now if only I could remember where I put that hot air balloon guy's number...

No comments:

Post a Comment