Subscribe to my newsletter!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I'm a #1 Bestseller! (In a Very Small Category on Amazon)

Yes, that's right, folks, my short memoir "Detention" has beat out eight - count 'em, eight! - other FREE short memoirs to rise to the top of the Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Biographies & Memoirs category.

IMG_4832

Check out my latest ranking!

Although technically can you call it a bestseller if it's free?

I know better than to attach too much importance to these rankings - particularly on a brand new release - but I'm actually quite pleased. "Detention" is a self-contained excerpt from my forthcoming memoir On Hearing of My Mother's Death Six Years After It Happened, and I'm hoping that the free eBook will drum up some interest in the book itself. And while being number one out of nine isn't all that impressive, holding the #81 spot in the far larger category of Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs means that some people may actually read my book. Yay!

If you would like to read my "Detention" eBook, you can find it here:

Amazon U.S.     Amazon UK     Amazon Canada     Amazon Germany

This eBook - and several others that are still working their way through the system - are currently available through Lulu.com and will also shortly be available on ITunes, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo. You can find the full list on my "FREE EBOOKS" page here, which I will update with the proper links once I have them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and do my little happy dance while I fold laundry. Those shirts won't know what hit 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment